Frontiers and Challenges in Industrial SIMS - Solving Problems in the Real Material World All-day Special Session/Workshop
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
8:40 - 20:00 (8:40 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.)
A Special All-Day Session/Workshop will be held on the use of SIMS in applied materials research with special emphasis on industrial applications.
In addition to the invited and contributed talks, there will be a panel session for students where Invited speakers from Industry will discuss how to get from grad school to a fulfilling career.
Finally there will be a special section in the conference poster session on industrial applications.
Goals of the session:
- present new technologies or methodologies that could have a big impact in an industrial setting;
- grant access to experts in the field (including instrument vendors) who can consult informally over lunch or during breaks about the problems encountered in an industrial setting;
- learn what industrial counterparts are doing;
- see how the SIMS technique can be applied to particular industrial problems.
This session is part of the SIMS21 Conference and is open to all registrants of the conference with no need for a separate registration or additional payment.
Non-conference registrants are invited to attend this session at a One Day Attendee registration fee. For details see Registration fee webpage.
We are currently in a process of completing a list
Only confirmed presentations are shown
- Chih-Hsing Chu, Materials Analysis Technology Inc. (MA-tec), Taiwan - "Quantifying the Ge concentration of Si-Ge epitaxy grown at P-MOSFET by SIMS calibrated TEM/EDX".
- Sungho Lee, Samsung, Korea - "Application of SIMS and APT in the field of semiconductor research".
- Kathryn G. Lloyd, Dupont, USA - "Depth Profiling or 'Just Sputtering'? How advances in sputter beam technology and data reduction have made ToF-SIMS even more useful in a (non-semiconductor) industrial environment".
- Christine M. Mahoney, Corning, USA - "ToF-SIMS analysis for glass applications".
- Mark Nicholas, AstraZeneca R&D, Sweden - "Imaging and Surface Analysis of Model Dry Powder Inhaler Formulation".
- Hiroyuki Noda, Fujifilm Corporation, Japan - "Surface and interfacial analysis of highly functional multilayer in the Chemical Industry".
- Masayuki Okamoto, Kao Corporation, Japan - "Applications of SIMS in the field of cosmetics and toiletries".
- Alan Spool, Western Digital, USA - "Solving Problems With Rotating Disk Drive Devices Using TOF-SIMS".